SOUTH TAWTON PRIMARY SCHOOL
Working to provide the highest possible quality of education for all local children, to ensure pupils from all backgrounds are able to succeed.
"We are a fully inclusive school, providing children with the skills knowledge and understanding to flourish."
Welcome to South Tawton Primary School, one of the Foundry Hub schools within the Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust.
We are excited about the opportunities that such a cross phase Trust is able to offer our community. We are committed to create an ambitious, forward thinking learning environment for all our pupils, students and staff. There will be opportunities for everyone connected to the Trust to grow and develop and therefore fulfil their ambitions.
With the Trust comprising 18 schools, both primary and secondary, over 5000 pupils/students and 750 adults, this is a truly exciting Trust to be involved with. We would welcome your interest in joining us whether as a pupil, parent, member of staff or a governor so please look out for the opportunities when they arise.
Principal Emma Goodwin
Hub Principal Lisa Paton
Administrator Wendy Meardon firstname.lastname@example.org
SENDCO Adam Newland
SEND lead Elizabeth Davidson email@example.com
Chair of Governors Mel Holyoak firstname.lastname@example.org
Media enquiries: email@example.com
Telephone 01837 840242
South Tawton Primary School
Dartmoor Multi-Academy Trust,
Okehampton, Devon, EX20 1PW
We aim to:
- Provide an environment where each child will be and feel safe and secure, emotionally and physically.
- Promote and encourage all children to make healthy choices.
- Encourage children to consider thoughtfully their own attitudes, values and beliefs, whilst respecting the feelings of others.
- Deliver a creative and motivating curriculum where each child is supported in developing lively and enquiry minds.
- Give children the confidence to ask questions, broaden their thinking and be receptive to the possibilities of new ideas and challenges.
- Personalise learning by building upon the interests of children, thus enabling them to experience both challenge and success.
- Develop each child’s understanding and appreciation of community, making positive contributions to the communities to which they belong, through learning the key skills of collaboration and cooperation.
- Work in true partnership with parents, pupils, governors, staff and other colleagues/agencies who work to support children and young people.
- Stimulate an interest in a wide range of activities by offering exciting and diverse experiences thereby fostering a love for life-long learning which builds upon the additional opportunities that we provide outside of the classroom and beyond the school day.